In the programme, there are full- and half-day workshops on Sunday 23rd, and 90-minutes workshops in three time slots (14:00-15:30) on Monday 24th, Tuesday 25th, and Thursday 27th. There are also a small number of additional workshops scheduled outside these sessions.
Detailed instructions for preparing your presentation can be found below.
If you have any questions about your workshop presentation, please contact the Workshops Committee at email@example.com.
Workshop Presentation Guidelines
We kindly ask workshop facilitators to follow the instructions below to ensure your presentation goes smoothly.
Preparing your workshop
- You will have 90 minutes to present your workshop.
- Half-day workshops are from 9:00 to 12:30, and full-day workshops from 9:00 to 17:00, with morning break (10:30 to 11:00), lunch time (12:30-13:30) and afternoon break (15:00-15:30).
- Please disclose all funding sources or potential conflict(s) of interest to the audience before your presentation. Your disclosure(s) should be stated on the second slide of any slide presentations. We recommend to use either of the following statements:
“I have no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this presentation.”
“I have a [financial interest, arrangement or affiliation] with the following organisation(s) that could be perceived as a direct or indirect conflict of interest in the context or content of this presentation.”
- Your workshop should have clearly stated goals, include a high level of interaction with participants, and provide a structured plan appropriate for the allotted time.
- Include hands-on work and practical examples of good practice – and maybe add some fun or a new interactive format to shake things up.
- Plan for your discussions to be well-structured and useful – stay on track, and make sure you have a good facilitator to guide discussions arising from topics on the day.
- Avoid lectures – if you have more than 10 slides before starting an interactive component, you have too many!
- You can prepare any slide presentations in PowerPoint, in Keynote (for Mac-users) or as a pdf-file.
- Please don’t forget to take an extra copy of any presentations to Seoul (USB-Stick or by sending it to your webmail).
On the day of your workshop
- Come to the speaker preparation room at least two hours before your session and provide a copy of your presentation to the technical staff. All presentations must be uploaded at the latest two hours before the session begins. This is on 2F of the Grand Hilton hotel, there will be staff there to help you.
- If you wish to incorporate videos in your presentation, make sure you check that it works at the computers at the venue well beforehand (best the day before your presentation).
- Every room is equipped with a laptop, projector and screen. A microphone for the speaker and a second microphone for the floor are available in the larger rooms. Check with the staff in the speaker presentation room about any additional equipment you requested in your workshop submission.
- You can use your own laptop if you prefer so. Technical staff will help you connect your laptop to the screen. If you are using a Mac, bring your own adapter.
- Please, allow a couple of minutes at the end of your workshop for the participants to fill out the evaluations, which will be collected by the technical staff.
- Technical assistance is available in each room.
- Please be respectful of your participants by staying within the time allowed.
Can I make changes to my abstract?
No. Changes to abstracts are no longer possible.
When do I need to be in my workshop room?
Please come to your assigned room at least 10 minutes before the start of your workshop. Note that lunchtime meetings will be in progress in some rooms but these meetings must finish by 1:50pm.
When and where can I upload my presentation?
Please upload your presentation in the speaker preparation area on level 2 of the Hotel at least two hours before your workshop starts. Your presentation cannot be uploaded in the presentation room.
Can I change the list of facilitators?
Yes, you can. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the workshop and the new list of facilitators.