The app is available to download for free, for both Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad).
To access the app, search for “Cochrane Colloquium” in either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. The latest version is currently version 1.1.1 for both Android and iOS, which fixes issues with the app freezing on the "loading" screen. Improvements with respect to version 1.0 include better stability and compatibility, a back button in the app itself, and the ability to view personal notes in "My schedule".
Please note that there are other, seemingly related apps available – neither is relevant to the Seoul Colloquium!
- “Cochrane Colloquium 2015”, the app for last year’s Colloquium, is still available on both platforms.
- “Cochrane UK & Ireland”, the app for the 2016 Cochrane UK & Ireland Symposium, is also still available on the Google Play Store.
Attendees can log into the app using their Colloquium account details to access and edit their sign-up options. Any changes made in the app sign-up will automatically sync with attendees website accounts and vice versa*.
Within the app, attendees will be able to:
- edit sign-up options for the Colloquium programme
- edit their general Colloquium account settings
- view the full programme
- view speaker and partner profiles
- provide venue and city maps
- and other useful information
This app is built as a companion app for use during the Cochrane Colloquium. An internet connection is required to get and update data, but not for viewing the schedule and floorplans.
This is the first version developed by Cochrane, and its main focus is to provide you with your schedule details (time and location) during the colloquium.
Basic navigation is done by tapping on the item you want to view, or pressing the back button on your phone. Some things to note:
- The home button, in the red bar on the top of the page, always brings you back to the home overview.
- The menu button, the three horizontal lines in the red bar on the top of the page, opens the menu. Using this menu you can access other pages, including "My account", without going to the home overview first.
- The schedule is ordered by day. To view the schedule for a particular day, click that day in the overview on the left hand side.
Your Colloquium account
If you have internet access, you can log in to your Colloquium account as follows:
- Open the menu, and go to "My account".
- Log in using the same email address and password you use on the colloquium website. A loading screen will appear
- When the loading screen disappears and login was successful, the page will say "You are logged in as [...]" and display a "logout" button. If this is not the case, try again or check your internet connection.
- When you are logged in, your personal schedule is also available under "My schedule" in the menu. Once downloaded, this does not require internet access. To update your personal schedule, you do need an internet connection (see next section on how to sign up).
Sign-up / Cancel sign-up
- To add an abstract, workshop, or other event to your personal schedule, take the following steps:
- Make sure you are logged in and have an internet connection.
- Navigate to the abstract, workshop, or event you wish to sign up for. You can do this by browsing the schedule and tapping on the schedule title.
- If you are not yet signed up for this event, you can see a plus sign on the right hand side of the screen. Tap this sign to sign up for this event.
- If you are signed up for this event, a minus sign is shown on the right hand side of the screen. You can click this to cancel sign-up and remove this item from your personal schedule.
This app will try to fetch new data when you open the app, and then periodically as long as it is active. This might take some time, especially the first time.
You can also manually fetch new data, for example when you have brief access to an internet connection. You can go to "Refresh data" in the menu, and click the "Refresh data" button. You will see a loading screen while the app loads data, which then disappears.
Questions and suggestions
This is the first version of this app, so please be understanding of limited functionality. If anything is unclear or if you have suggestions for improvements, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
*It won't automatically update any exported calendar items.